— Posted by forge on 11:55 pm on April 3, 2002
i heard i a thread that someone has a homemade vaporizer. im curious as to how someone would go about making one.
— Posted by ActivePsycho on 4:55 pm on April 4, 2002
I do, I put these instructions on a different thread but now I will just put them here. So heres a money-saveing way to make a vaporizer pipe, if your cheap like me!
Materials needed: 1 clear lightbulb, drill with drill bits, strong clear tape, 1 (preferably) clear pen, 1 hot glue gun with glue sticks.
1) Alright lets begin! Take your clear light bulb and wrap it in your clear tape, this prevents it from breaking while you work on it.
2) Now orking with the lightbulb may be hard, but it is possible, so take a nice big drill bit (This bit wil be the one you use to put the hole in the top so pick a pretty big one) and start drilling through the top, be careful the light bulb can break easily. Now remove the filiment and all that other crap. I managed to pull off the whole metal thing except I forgot how I did it.
3) Now this is the hardest part, pick out a small drill bit (this will be the one that you suck through but must small enough for the pen to go around it) and put on a thick glove, hold the lightbulb in your hand and start drilling on the side of the lightbulb. I broke a lightbulb doing his and it does take a while but it is possible.
4) Once you have the hole take your pen and rip out all the insides, then put hot glue around the hole you drilled and put the pen tube over it. Make sure no glue is cloging the hole, then put a bunch more glue around the pen to make sure it stays because glue doesn’t stick very well to glass, but hotglue is non-toxic so use it on any bongs or pipes you make.
5) Once the glue has dried now all you need is a cork to put in the top. Find the right size cork (or something similar) and gently put it in the top.
6) Thats it! take the cork out and drop your bud in there and use it.
Heres how to use it:
Pull out the cork and drop your bud in, next turn the flame on your lighter down real low, Put the cork back in, cover the end of the pen with your finger, light your lighter underneath the bud, Wait a few seconds and you will start to see it steam now shake it a little and pull the lighter away before it starts to burn, put your mouth on the end, take out the cork and suck in slowly letting all the warm vapor go into your lungs, Hold it for as long as you can, then breath out, nothing should come out which basically means you didn’t waste any bud! Vaporizing saves you 35% more than smoking out of a bowl! Which means your 35% more stoned! By the way be very gntle with your vaporizer because they break real easy, and when you wash it out, make sure its cooled off because the cold water will crack your glass (I did this and I wanted to cry) use warm water and be very gentle. If you make this and use it right you will love it and never regret taking the time to make it!
— Posted by MadScYenTiST on 6:57 pm on April 4, 2002
dude ur ideah is rediculious were did u come up wit something so stupid !!!!
— Posted by Badassmf on 8:35 pm on April 4, 2002
shut up jackass it works
— Posted by ActivePsycho on 9:50 pm on April 4, 2002
Ya dumbass, did you even try it? It worked for me and hell you can buy them online for like 20 bucks. I’d rather make one.
— Posted by konfuzed54 on 12:04 am on April 5, 2002
The best ones I have ever made were the simplist. Just find a soldiring iron with a screw on tip. Unscrew the tip and find a regular screw that fits the tip. Get a bowl from your local headshop and put the screw through the middle. Screw all that into the soldiring iron (make sure it all fits tightly together) Now take a clear jug and put the item you just made into the mouth of it and seal it (make sure you can take it back out to pack the bowl) put a choke on it and a tube coming out, should look like this
| =|==== Bowl—-|—>V |
Choke—-|> O  |
_  v
Put a drop of water in the bowl, Plug in the Iron, and let the jug fill with smoke. Once it gets nice and full, let go of the choke and suck the smoke out. By theory a vaporizer can be 99% effecient, I’m not sure how good this is but it always worked great for me. Sorry about the crappy art but I hope it shows you how.
— Posted by spootyguy on 11:42 am on April 6, 2002
I made one from a car cigarette lighter element rigged up to a 12v transformer from an old halogen lamp (the only thing i could find with a high enough current rating). Basically it was just a case of whacking your bud on the lighter element and putting a big 2l bottle on top then switching it on and off again occasionally in case it got too hot… then after all the sweeeet vapours have flowed out, just lift the bottle off, unscrew the lid and inhale deeply… some great highs from that until the element burned out 🙁
— Posted by spootyguy on 11:48 am on April 6, 2002
That glass one does look good… lightbulbs are especially good to use as they are designed for extremely hot situations anyway… the problem with mine is that you need a mains supply, unless you want to take a car battery with you all day, and smaller bike batteries dont push enough current 🙁
— Posted by AcidTrooper on 12:20 pm on April 6, 2002
go to http://home.earthlink.net/~gpx1/vaporizer/
— Posted by soul burn on 1:12 am on April 7, 2002
im pretty sure the phosphorus in light bulbs can kill you. just get some pyrex glass. (cooking products such as measuring cups and also most lab equipment)
— Posted by spootyguy on 3:00 pm on April 8, 2002
AFAIK, there isnt any phosphorus in lightbulbs, just inert argon that buggers off as soon as you open it up. Also there is the tungsten alloy filament, but you rip that out too…
I just made the glass lightbulb one, its a lot easier if you can just cut the end of the metal cap off of one and insert a cork with two straws in… No drilling required…
Looking forward to trying it out..!
— Posted by Rebo on 3:24 pm on April 8, 2002
Instead of drilling, you can use a torch to cut a hole in the lightbulb-the glass will melt, but will not break. And it does get you higher.
— Posted by spootyguy on 12:40 pm on April 9, 2002
Oh, sweet jesus, does it get you higher 🙂
I suppose the white ‘frosting’ on pearl lightbulbs could be phosphorus, but i dont use pearl ones, i use these badass (150 watt) clear ones with screw caps that are easier to cut off halfway than bayonet ones, and can accommodate a great deal more than the smaller 60W standard sized ones…
I use the filaments for electric matches when I am at home or near a mains supply…
(Edited by spootyguy at 12:41 pm on April 9, 2002)
— Posted by SecretAgent420 on 5:20 am on April 11, 2002
Konfuzed54 has the right idea but vaporizers suck ass.
go for the glass