You Are Here: Home » Old Forums Archive » Explosives » Polyisobutylen


— Posted by pyroman on 9:40 pm on Mar. 21, 2002

Polyisobutylen is used in C-4 with R.D.X. but I have no clue what the heck it is and where i can get it

— Posted by Zambosan on 11:21 am on Mar. 22, 2002

You’re not likely to.  It’s used plenty, don’t get me wrong, but there’s really no need for it by the average citizen… its a polymer resin, used as a precursor for rubber polymers.

— Posted by Zero the Inestimable on 12:42 pm on Mar. 22, 2002

It’s just a plasticizer, I think. If you’re bent on making an RDX based plastic explosive there are a whole host of things you can use as a replacement for any of the plasticizing agents in C-4.

~Zero the Inestimable

— Posted by pyroman on 5:46 pm on Mar. 22, 2002

well i was just asking and if it was easy to get then I would use it and if it isn’t then i won’t

— Posted by Hephaestrus on 6:54 pm on Mar. 22, 2002

Did one of you write this file?

“EZ to make k3wl bomb:  U will need dynamite (you can get this from Sears or the hardware store or your local terrorist supply co-op).  Boil the dynamite in Jolt Cola (you *must* use Jolt!) for abuot 30 minutes until an oil appears on the surface.  This is nitroglycerin, also known as PETN.  To purifiy your PETN into RDX, you need to add it to concentrated sulfuric acid and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.  It is done when the mixture no longer tastes of Jolt Cola.  Enjoy this k-rad phile from The NightBr33d3r!”

— Posted by Zambosan on 1:03 pm on Mar. 25, 2002

PIB can actually be had in the form of “self-fusing” tape.  It’s a stretchy tape kind of like electrical tape, but with no adhesive… it just bonds to itself.  You’d still need ethyl-hexyl sebacate to dissolve it though, so it’s pretty much worthless.

— Posted by pyroman on 8:36 pm on Mar. 26, 2002

where the heck would you get the ehs stuff?

Leave a Comment

Scroll to top