You Are Here: Home » Old Forums Archive » Fake ID & Fraud » portapac?


— Posted by Monkey on 4:01 pm on Oct. 23, 2001

i was reading one of the files in the ‘school’ section of the archives, and the word ‘portapac’ is mentioned a couple times. I have no clue what exactly a portapac is. can someone tell me?

— Posted by kent82 on 9:54 pm on Dec. 6, 2001

:confused: Maybe its a fucked up name for a back pack or some other type of bag? :confused:

kent82 😎

— Posted by dellexo on 6:06 am on Dec. 7, 2001

Maybe it’s some sort of pack that you carry around:biggrin:

— Posted by dellexo on 3:05 pm on Dec. 7, 2001

Just rememberd,In the U.K a portapack is a small portable oxy/acetylene welding/cutting torch.The bottles are much smaller than the normal sized bottles,approx 30-40cm high.

— Posted by jmb1125 on 4:39 am on Jan. 28, 2002

In the states “PORTAPAC” is a brand name of a portable
hydraulic device. It comes in a metal box/carrying case.
One part of it is a hand operated hydraulic pump that
looks like a grease gun with a hose and a quick-dissconnect fitting on the end. This fitting would connect to a selection of different low profile piston jacks.

The piston jacks are about 80mm in diameter and vary
in thickness and range of extension. The “PORTAPAC”
is used to lift heavy machinery and spreading in
commercial/industrial applications. The “PORTAPAC”
is a bit pricey (well over $500.00) and is a specialized
service tool.

Leave a Comment

Scroll to top