— Posted by Just0nePepsi on 7:29 pm on Mar. 14, 2002
So from what I have seen of what we don’t like and what we do I have made up a set a rules. Tell me what you think and add stuff if need be and maybe we can come out with a good set of rules for the site.
1. If you have a question please make sure you check all other posts in the forum you are looking in. Your answer most likely be someone in the past post. If it isn’t then you can post your question.
2. If you are new comer please post replies to posts and questions people have posted. This gets you respect (depends) and gets your post count up.
3. Do not post really stupid questions like How to make an easy bomb or Help me hack. You will just get flamed.
4. Do not advertise other sites unless you put it in the related sites and it has to do with something that is undeground.
5. Do not try to get a high post count by just posting stupid answers that help no one and make no sense.
6. Always check your spelling and grammer before you submit your post. A little ebonics or “leet” talk is ok but try not to post too much.
7. Make sure your post is in the right forum topic. If you can’t figure out what your post would be under think about what you are posting and judge from that.
8. If you follow the rules you will be respected in no time at bombshock and by other members. If you choose not to follow rules you could possibly be banned or get your post deleted.
-For the records, Xpl0sive is the owner of Bombshock.-
Written by Just0nePepsi
— Posted by preditor on 11:13 pm on Mar. 14, 2002
that’s good but you forgot to mention on rule number one to check the archives too
— Posted by Darkness on 7:15 pm on Mar. 15, 2002
What about a time limit before u can post then the newbies would have the time to find the information they want instead of starting a new thread.I viewed the site for three weeks before i joined
— Posted by Mr Mushrooms on 2:40 am on Mar. 16, 2002
You stole that off me! No matter though, it would be a good idea in my opinion to limit who can post because there is SO much rubbish appearing. And somebody PLEASE ban ‘thebadboy’.
— Posted by rishka on 5:40 am on Mar. 16, 2002
id have to agree with mushroom on this one. any newbie that posts anything that makes no sense or has a go at anyone while theyre still wet-behind-the-ears should be either banned or have their posts moderated. just some sort of measure to make sure that once they start to post bullshit , then all their posts are reviewed before they are put up for everyone to read .
— Posted by Just0nePepsi on 9:35 am on Mar. 16, 2002
Im not sure about the limit on posting. Its not a bad idea but its not a good idea.
— Posted by preditor on 1:53 pm on Mar. 16, 2002
yeah, it’s not a good or a bad idea. I have a thought though. a lot of people post to gain more skulls to look respectable. so what about granting the skulls when someone earns it, get a few more moderators(you seem to have enough people willing to do it) and then with the extra help you wouldn’t evan know the difference as far as how much work there is for each person. I believe this would eliminate many stupid posts; who would want to be the guy with 230 posts and only 1 skull, everyone would know that they were full of shit.
— Posted by rishka on 9:35 pm on Mar. 16, 2002
nar , not a limit to how many things they can post , but a review of what is going to be posted . so if there is going to be complete bullshit being posted , then to have the bullshit either removed or not put up at all.
and if have a part of the site for where people want to let off some steam , cause otherwise it will continue to spoil the threads.everyone does it , but when thw newbies do it, they do it for no reason , when we do it , its becase someone has done something absolutely ridicolous
— Posted by Mr Mushrooms on 3:12 am on Mar. 17, 2002
She’s right, a social forum as suggested elsewhere in this site (with
postings made in there not counting towards gaining a higher rank) would slove this as newbies could post their shit in here freely without gaining respect for it. Perhaps once a newb has proved he can make a worthy post in there he can post in all opther forums, when he has earned enough respect from that, he can start new topics? Just a thought!
— Posted by Critical Damage on 12:50 pm on Mar. 22, 2002
I absolutely love all your ideas