You Are Here: Home » Old Forums Archive » Weapons » were to get industrial strenght rubberands

were to get industrial strenght rubberands

— Posted by someoneisluke on 6:26 am on Mar. 19, 2002

if anyone knows please tell me were to get industrial strength rubberbands or something just as  good. It is for a really simple weapon i am making that would work 10 times as good with better ruberbands.

— Posted by stephenericrose on 10:11 am on Mar. 19, 2002

I am not sure, but i would guess industrial rubberbands would be found somewhere industrial.. like a factory or something? Or maybe that is to easy..  🙂

(Edited by stephenericrose at 4:12 am on Mar. 19, 2002)

— Posted by Hergor on 1:18 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

look at hobby shops. the ones that sell RC-airplanes oughta sell this sort of rubberband…

— Posted by Darkie on 8:39 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

You could use sling shot rubber bands which can be bought at wal-mart or a sports store.

— Posted by johnny 99 on 9:14 pm on Mar. 19, 2002

Yea, rc hobby shops sell spools of surgical rubber tubing to launch rc gliders, the ace hardware store by my house also sells it in spools. if you mean regular rubber bands , we used to get really big fat nice ones in cases of hercules dynamite. But I supose if you had access to dynamite you wouldn’t bee worried about rubberbands!    

— Posted by balor on 3:35 pm on Mar. 20, 2002

What about a strip of a tyre tube?

— Posted by STONNER420 on 3:27 pm on Mar. 22, 2002

you could buy them at eBay or something or a sporting goods store!

— Posted by johnny 99 on 4:16 pm on Mar. 22, 2002

No, whatever innertubes are made out of these days, they don’t work worth a shit on slingshots etc.

— Posted by someoneisluke on 8:01 pm on Mar. 22, 2002

yeah most of those ideas are pretty good, i think my best bet is the going to a hobby shop.

— Posted by Ratty on 4:54 pm on Mar. 26, 2002

You could probably use any search engine with the words “Industrial strenth rubber bands, tyre tubes, purchasing” and get a whole list of suppliers!

— Posted by Zero the Inestimable on 6:00 pm on Mar. 26, 2002

I used to use lawnmower fan belts for this sort of thing. The giant rubber bands that come on some exercise machines work well, too. I find that surgical tubing is very tough to get your hands on in some places (there are restrictions placed on it because of its drug uses), but when you can get it the stuff works wonders.

~Zero the Inestimable

(Edited by Zero the Inestimable at 8:57 am on Mar. 27, 2002)

— Posted by someoneisluke on 6:19 am on Mar. 27, 2002

so what would i have to do or go to get surgical tubing…

— Posted by stephenericrose on 9:34 am on Mar. 27, 2002

I went to the ER a while back for a wicked spider bite, and the Dr. left me alone in the room for a while, and i started playing around with his equiptment..  if you have a reason to go to the ER, you could probably find some while he is out. Maybe i just got lucky though.

— Posted by preditor on 10:00 pm on Mar. 27, 2002

hell, I went in under a section 12 (I think that’s what it was called) which is when they take you in because your a threat to yourself or someone else do to lack of mental stability or controll, and they left me alone in an ER room before I was taken into the little white room(with two guards outside the door though, and the white room didn’t evan have fucking padding) so I guess they’ll prettymuch always leave you alone for a while.

— Posted by someoneisluke on 5:31 pm on Mar. 28, 2002

Yeah i relly dont think im gonna try and go to the er or whatever ….what does er stand for..

— Posted by xlxPYROxlx on 7:31 pm on April 1, 2002

emergency room ?

— Posted by someoneisluke on 7:33 am on April 9, 2002

u huh so that is what it means .

Leave a Comment

Scroll to top